I just realized that majority of the products i’m using are Philosophy! That’s because I bought the Most Wonderful Things gift set last December and ended up loving everything 😍 Another one of my tried & tested favorites is Origins.
Everything I will mention has been a miracle worker for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I’ve repurchased most of them & they’re officially a part of my holy grail in skincare.
Sensitive / Combination / Oily / Dehydrated
- Hyper-pigmentation or dark spots
- Breakouts (forehead, brow line, chin area)
- Super oily T-zone
Step 1: Removing Makeup
I wear waterproof eyeliner & mascara daily.
- Some nights, i’ll use the Origins cleansing oil to remove everything. This is my 3rd bottle, and it takes a really long time to finish!
- Other nights, i’ll use Sephora’s waterproof eye makeup remover first, then wipe off the rest with the Bioderma micellar water.
Step 2: Cleansing
I double cleanse using at least one gentle cleanser, followed by an exfoliating cleanser.
- Philosophy purity cleanser
- Philosophy microdelivery exfoliating facial wash
- Origins modern friction gentle dermabrasion
Step 3: Toning
It’s usually after I cleanse that I decide to apply a face mask. If not, I go straight to toning.
I poured my Origins united state balancing tonic into a spritzer, which makes it so much easier to use. Also… I make it a point to apply the toner within 30 seconds after washing my face 😜
Step 4: Moisturizing
- Philosophy renewed hope in a jar for daytime use
- Philosophy renewed hope in a jar overnight for night time use
Step 5: More moisturizing
In case of breakouts, I apply the Murad acne spot treatment on those areas, and call it a night!